Maybe you are going to be bringing your first little bundle of joy into the world soon, or your third or fourth! Whatever number child this will be for you, here are some tips on how to prepare for a newborn shoot:
1. The younger your little one is, the better. Don't worry about jaundice, or baby acne - I will take care of all that when I edit the pictures. But brand new babies tend to sleep better than a baby that is a little older. And we want them asleep!
2. Feed your baby as close to the photo session as possible. Even after you arrive is even better! Babies with full little tummies will sleep better than a baby getting ready to eat again.
3. Don't stress if your baby decides not to cooperate! Many babies have decided to be wide awake for their photo session! We will take as much time as your baby needs to get the perfect picture.
4. Bring any props or toys that have special meaning. And lots of diapers!
5. If you will be bringing an older sibling or siblings and want a picture of the newest addition to the family with the siblings, bear in mind that often the older child will decide not to cooperate, especially if they are around 2 or 3 years old. Their whole world has been turned upside-down by this new baby in their family! Be prepared to be able to have someone like grandma or dad take the older sibling home as soon as they are done with their pictures. It can be a long session and that can be extra stressful for big brother or sister.
Babies change SO FAST! You will want to remember that newborn look for ever!